COVID-19 – Studio Tour Questionnaire

Please read through the information below before you answer the questions.

Our executive members will assess the information you provide to guide them into our next phase.

  • The Ontario government has extended the Declaration of Emergency to May 12, 2020. Emergency orders now in effect, restricts attending an organized public event of more than 5 people (this affects multiple artists in one location).
    We will wait for updates on those emergency orders. Depending on the number of participating members and advertisers, Tour executive members will decide how we will move forward…with a decision coming by the end of May. It is with these things in mind that we ask the questions below:
  • For those of you who choose yes, we will call you personally on May 18th for confirmation of your participation. The Tour executive will make a final decision on how and if we move forward by May 31st.


    The $2000.00 grant from the City of Kawartha Lakes for brochure production may or may not be available to us. We are in contact with the Program Supervisor. Changes we make will affect our eligibility to keep those funds. This too, could affect our budget income, as will the number of participating members and advertisers.
    To effectively advertise the Tour and maintain a social media presence, our advertising budget allocations and expenditures will need to be modified. This could result in a reduction of the overall size of the brochure. It could also result in reducing the number of brochures we print.
    Keeping in mind the cost of the brochures and the shortened time frame to produce and distribute them:

  • Private Viewings

    If we proceed with the Tour, we may have the opportunity to open our studios during the week of Sept 28-Oct 2…offering visitors the ability to book private viewings at studio locations.
  • Virtual Tours

    As you may already be aware, other artist groups are transitioning into having a virtual tour. This may be another option for us. Check a few local groups going in this direction:. Please note: if we go in this direction, each artist will be responsible for their own sales through their own website, or (for those who don't have one) supplying up to 12 quality images of items that they want to sell on our website. Payment and shipping/delivery would be up to the individual artist. It would have to be worked out how this would go ahead.
  • *Only those artists taking part in the Tour will have a voice in the 2020 Tour decisions. Once we make plans to move forward, no refunds will be given.